Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest ones and it took no time to get these yummy peppers prepared and on a dinner plate. My favorite thing about stuffed peppers is that it is an all in one meal, no sides needed! So if you’re looking for a quick and fulfilling dinner that will have you off your feet and in your plate in no time, look no further! Enjoy 🙂
What you need:
- 4 Large red peppers (Feeds 2-4)
- 2 Cups of brown rice
- 4 Shallots, chopped
- 1 Cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of kale
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 Jar of your favorite pasta sauce. ( I used whole foods brand garlic and basil sauce)
- 1 TBS of crush red pepper flakes, black pepper & garlic powder
- 2 TBS of dried basil
- 2 TBS of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Daiya cheddar style shreds
- Cut the tops off of the red peppers (cut about a half an inch from the stem) and removed the seeds.
- Boil Brown rice until tender and drain (Make sure to not make it mushy, it will cook a little more in the oven)
- In a pan add olive oil and once hot saute shallots, mushrooms and garlic.
- Once tender add kale (You can add 1/4 cup of water after adding kale to help it simmer down and avoid the kale from getting to greasy from the oil).
- After kale has cooked down, add rice and stir together.
- Then add pasta sauce and seasonings and stir. Let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Take rice mix off of the heat and add the cheddar shreds, mix until shreds are completely melted.
- Coat an oven safe pan with olive oil
- Stuff each pepper with a fair amount of mixture. Any left overs you can save for a rainy day.
- Place tops back on peppers and let bake on 350 for 10 minutes.
- Let peppers cool down for 5 minutes before serving. Your red peppers should be tender but still have a little crunch to them.
Talk about delicious! I was hoping for left over the next day but most of the time my household never leaves food around that long. I plan on making these again very soon!!
Until next time,