Cauliflower is probably one of my favorite things to cook with! I consider it the “vegan chicken.” and with a little love you can turn this tasteless vegetable into something magical! This particular recipe was very random, I just through a bunch of stuff together and hoped for the best. To my surprised it some how worked and I just had to make sure I shared it!! Enjoy 🙂
What you need:
- 1 Large cauliflower
- 1/2 Red onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 2 TBS of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 4 TBS of low sodium soy sauce
- 1TBS of black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and crush red pepper flakes.
- Sesame seeds
- 1 Fresh Jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 Cup of olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 TBS of organic cane sugar
** You will also need to create a roux to help thicken your sauce, I used 2 TBS of water & 3 TBS of coconut flour.
- Clean and chop cauliflower into desired sized piece.
- In a pan, heat 1/2 TBS of olive oil and added garlic and onions, allow onions to sweat.
- After onions begin to sweat, add water, Worcestershire, soy sauce, oil, sugar and seasonings. (You can adjust the spice level by added more or less of the crush red & cayenne pepper).
- Let sauce come to a simmer and then add cauliflower. Cover pan and let simmer on low heat for about 7 minutes.
- Then add your roux and stir until sauce begins to thicken. Let simmer for another minute or two. (You don’t want your cauliflower to over cook and get mushy, keep that delicious crunch).
- Take pan off heat and let cool
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped Jalapeños
- Serve over a bed of brown rice!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Until next time,